In-Car Technology Explained at Pacific Honda
Here at Pacific Honda, we understand that our valued customers live in a fast-paced world with an ever-growing dependence on technology and everything it can do for us. On a day-to-day basis, that means everything from carrying around a computer in your pocket to receiving your deliveries from a drone instead of a UPS truck. But for the auto world, it means a whole lot of beneficial safety and convenience features that make your driving life a whole lot more forward-thinking. It can be tough to keep up with the constant changes in the world of automotive technology, but our San Diego Honda dealership is here to help. If you’re wondering what new Honda vehicles can do for you when it comes to the latest tech advancements, wonder no longer—you’ve come to the right place.
Powertrain, Fuel Efficiency and Safety Features
- Many new Honda models come with a standard or available continuously variable transmission, which works to make sure your engine is always operating at the most efficient RPM level.
- The ECON button, available on models like the 2015 Honda Civic, automatically configures all energy-consuming systems in your vehicle to operate more efficiently.
- Eco Assist, standard in a variety of new Honda vehicles, acts as your own personal efficiency coach by displaying green bars when you’re driving in a way that maximizes your MPGs.
- Honda offers a safety feature called vehicle stability assist with traction control. Available on models like the 2015 Honda Accord, this system monitors driving conditions and, if it detects under- or over-steer, automatically brakes individual wheels or reduces engine power in order to help restore an intended path.
Entertainment and Convenience Features
- Many Honda vehicles feature an intelligent multi-information display that quickly relays details about your fuel consumption, incoming text messages and music selection in one easy-to-read interface.
- The available Honda HD digital traffic system, an optional feature on models like the 2015 Honda CR-V, alerts you to current traffic conditions and helps guide you around gridlocks with alternate routes.
Ready to learn more about the tech-savvy features that make every new Honda car, truck and SUV a peek into the future? The team here at Pacific Honda would be happy to answer any additional questions you might have. Please feel free to contact us, or better yet, stop by our conveniently located Honda dealership at 4761 Convoy Street in San Diego to learn more today. In-car technology is capable of providing you with a safer, more convenient and more enjoyable driving experience—you just have to know what you’re dealing with, and that’s what we’re here for! Don’t be shy. We look forward to working with you soon here at our Honda dealership!